Friday, April 23, 2010

Men wearing Skinny Jeans




Let's get this started...

Men in skinny jeans is something that I have been seeing a lot of lately. From young boys like my son's age to grown men over forty. It's an epidemic that has taken over woman and men's fashion. I wear skinny jeans but when I see the male gender wearing them I always double take. Sometimes for the love of the look and sometimes for the dissapointment.

Skinny jeans on men can only work on a specific body type as well as personalities. Not any man in my opinion can rock the skinny jeans. Let's all be honest. A thick, over weight man just can't pull it off. They tug a little tight in all the wrong places. Come on men, I don't wanna see your jewels outlined in the jeans, nor do i wanna see the curvature of your butt and thighs or back fat hanging over the back. Don't get me wrong, I also hate to see the ultra skinny body type rocking them as well. I tend to see ultra skinny men with the skinny jeans half way down there butt. Not atractive at all! That's why I say only a particular man can get away with them.

Even with all this said, If you are one of those men who are able to pull this overall look off, I give you major kudos! I think I much rather prefer the skinny jeans over the ultra baggy look. When I was younger the motto was the bigger the better. We use to wear Cross Colors that were so baggy that the bottoms of our jeans were always dragging on the ground. I now say to myself "how was I ever allowed to walk out the house like this?". This is probably the same question that my son will be asking his self as he gets older. By the way my son is one of those boys that looks very cute in skinny jeans. He loves that skateboard look.

Please let me know what how you guy's feel about this subject. Skinny jeans on men, yay or nay???

No comments:

Post a Comment